ClickFunnels Review Updated For 2018
Trusted ratings of ClickFunnels
ClickFunnels Review Contents
- What is ClickFunnels? (Video)
- ClickFunnels review overview
- ClickFunnels use cases
- What is a ClickFunnels funnel?
- ClickFunnels features and benefits
- ClickFunnels features list
- ClickFunnels Pricing and Free Trial
- Pros and Cons of ClickFunnels
- To choose or not to choose ClickFunnels
- ClickFunnels alternatives
- ClickFunnels for B2B Sales and Marketing
- ClickFunnels review conclusion
Digitally rates ClickFunnels 4.7/5 in it’s 2018 ClickFunnels review
Upfront and ongoing cost
ClickFunnels has a recurring subscription pricing model. There’s a free demo for 14 days. There are two price points $97 / £71 a month for ClickFunnels and $297 / £217 for the full ClickFunnels Etison Suite. There isn’t a true enterprise level plan for ClickFunnels, and it’s not aimed at the enterprise. This is a solution for small businesses.
Ease of implementation
ClickFunnels prides itself on ease of use and it doesn’t disappoint. As a SaaS based product, there’s nothing to set up and you can immediately start building landing pages. If you’re on the basic package, you’ll need to integrate an email marketing solution such as ConvertKit. The ClickFunnels suite comes with an email marketing tool called Actionetics.
Ease of use
ClickFunnels is extremely easy to use. It’s built for marketers rather than techies. ClickFunnels is about building and getting stuff out the door, it may not be the right tool if you want to tinker with every aspect.
The starting point of ClickFunnels is the landing page. In the basic package, you get the visual landing page builder and can plug in your own email marketing tool. ClickFunnels is all about connecting multiple pages to create funnels. You can create funnels from scratch or use one of the many pre-built funnels. ClickFunnels also comes with the functionality take payments and create and run membership sites.
Return on investment
ClickFunnels is aimed at startups and small businesses. The starting price point of $97 /£71 per month is a fraction of what similar tools cost. ClickFunnels helps with nurturing the prospect through the buyer journey. This is not Marketo or Eloqua but those solutions cost in the thousands per month and need greater expertise to run.
ClickFunnels offers email support. There are plenty of videos and guides to help you get started. The best part of ClickFunnels is the vibrant community around it. There is an active Facebook group and support community.
ClickFunnels Use Cases
ClickFunnels is for creating a series of landing pages that take visitors from awareness to conversion. At the top of the funnel capture the visitor’s email address, and nurture them through each step of the funnel, taking them back to the next landing page using email. ClickFunnels can be used to generate leads or complete transactions online.
- ClickFunnels can be used for lead generation either in a B2B or B2C context. Whatever you sell you can create a landing page about it and drive visitors to give you the information.
- ClickFunnels works for selling products and can be used to take payments.
- ClickFunnels is a great SaaS solution for developing and running membership websites. It removes the headache of worrying about the technical side and allows you to focus on creating content your audience will value.
What is a ClickFunnels Sales Funnel?[vooplayer type=”video” id=”NTQ0ODM=” start=”268″ end=”4211″ ]
A marketing and sales funnel takes visitors on a journey from initial awareness to consideration and purchase. At an enterprise level most marketing teams are familiar with marketing automation. The concept of taking visitors through a ClickFunnels sales funnel is very similar.
- At the top of the sales/marketing funnel you attract visitors to your page and give them a valuable gated asset in return of collecting their details.
- You follow up the download with an email driving traffic to a second page. This has a related offer which moves the prospect further down the buyer journey.
- A series of these offers eventually drive the prospect towards a purchase or other valuable action. In a B2B context this could be to book a sales call.
The concept of a sales funnel is nothing new. ClickFunnels gives you the opportunity to create an automated sales funnel without worrying about technology behind it.
ClickFunnels Features & Benefits
Create landing pages with forms
ClickFunnels provides a drag and drop page builder for creating landing pages. Forms can be added to these pages to gate content, collect contact details or even take payments.
You can use ClickFunnels whether your want to generate leads or sell your products.
Pre-built funnel templates
You could use funnels to create a single page, but the power of ClickFunnels is in the ability to create funnels. ClickFunnels comes with dozens of pre-built and tested funnels that you can use to run webinars, lead generation and plenty more. It’s all done for you already.
Build marketing funnels from scratch
If you don’t want to use a prebuilt funnel you can of course create your own or edit one that already exists. You can create bespoke funnels that align to your sales and marketing. The funnel flows map out exactly what pages and email you need to create.
Email marketing & follow-ups with Actionetics
Actionetics is the email marketing platform by ClickFunnels. As you would expect it comes fully integrated with ClickFunnels. Although you can integrate ClickFunnels with other email platforms, using the built in email tool makes it all much easier and more seamless to use. Using Actionetics or any other provider you can follow-up new leads and promote the next action in your funnel.
Build membership sites
Using ClickFunnels it’s possible to create membership sites. This is suited to businesses that want to protect valuable content behind a membership wall. Use ClickFunnels to take payments and you have an end to end marketing to membership flow.
ClickFunnels Features List
- Visual landing page builder
- Membership sites
- Gated assets
- Data capture
- Payment gateways
- Custom domains
- A/B testing
- Integrated email marketing
- Email workflows & triggers
- Email personalisation
- Campaign Reporting
- Affiliate management
- Funnel templates & builder
- Visual email builder
- Lead scoring (Action Score)
- Email marketing integrations
- LMS integrations
- CRM integrations
- Zapier integration
- WordPress integrations
- Affiliate management system
ClickFunnels Pricing & Free Trial
ClickFunnels has two pricing levels ClickFunnels Standard $97 / £71 and ClickFunnels Etison Suite which comes in at $297 / £217.
ClickFunnels Standard Pricing
ClickFunnels standard includes everything you might need to build a landing page. It fully hosts all landing pages, which you can use a drag-and-drop editor to build. ClickFunnels standard doesn’t come with an email marketing solution although third-party solutions can be integrated. The standard price plan allows for up to 20 funnels, 100 pages, and 20,000 visitors.
ClickFunnels Etison Suite Pricing
ClickFunnels Etison Suite is the fully featured ClickFunnels tool. It removes all the limitations of the standard plan and introduces new functionality for email marketing and affiliate tracking. Email marketing functionality called Actionetics allows you to fully promote and drive traffic to your funnels without worrying about third-party email integrations. Actionetics includes a visual email builder, segmentation, lead scoring and the ability to create auto responders. Also included in the ClickFunnels Etison Suite is an affiliate management system, with everything you need to run an affiliate program.
ClickFunnels Free Trial
ClickFunnels offer a free 14 day trial of their products. My recommendation would be to start a trial of the Etison suite and then downgrade if you don’t see the benefit. If the full free ClickFunnels trial you’ll be able to test everything to see if it meets your needs. You can start a free trial on the ClickFunnels website.
What can you do with a ClickFunnels free trial?
- Build your first landing page, add a form and start capturing leads.
- Explore the pre-build sales and marketing funnels.
- Customise a funnel or create your own.
- Try the ClickFunnels email marketing tool Actionetics.
- Build an email in Actionetics and connect it to your funnels.
To choose or not to choose ClickFunnels
- Don’t choose ClickFunnels if all you’re looking for is a landing page builder. The functionality ClickFunnels gives you even at the lowest price point is overkill for that. Instapage is a good alternative if you want to focus on having a great landing page builder that will integrate with your existing email marketing tool and CRM.
- Don’t choose ClickFunnels if you want something more enterprise-level with greater support. In this scenario opt for something like Marketo or Hubspot.
- Choose ClickFunnels if you want to build sales and marketing funnels, there is no alternative at this price point.
- Choose ClickFunnels if you want a fully integrated landing page builder and email marketing tool.
What alternatives are there to ClickFunnels?
ClickFunnels has a number of features which are difficult to find combined in any alternative products at a similar price point. There are a number of ClickFunnels alternatives that deliver part of what ClickFunnels can do.
ClickFunnels vs LeadPages
In LeadPages you can only build single landing pages. In ClickFunnels you can build single landing pages, but you can push this further by connecting a series of landing pages to create a sales funnel.
LeadPages doesn’t come with an out of the box fully integrated email marketing tool. ClickFunnels comes with Actionetics, which is part of the ClickFunnels suite and it works seamlessly.
Funnels can generate leads or sales. LeadPages doesn’t have the functionality to take payments. ClickFunnels has this build in, and it’s a must in B2C.
ClickFunnels vs Instapages
ClickFunnels vs Infusionsoft
ClickFunnels vs Kajabi
ClickFunnels vs Thrive Themes
ClickFunnels vs WIX
ClickFunnels vs ConvertKit
ClickFunnels vs ActiveCampaign[pt_view id=”3cf5b36blx” taxonomy=post_tag terms=”tools,landing pages” operator=”AND”]
ClickFunnels For B2B Sales And Marketing
ClickFunnels is ideal for B2B sales and marketing. Despite how ClickFunnels positions itself in it’s messaging, it’s actually a lot more suited to considered purchases with a longer buyer journey.
B2B buyers need to be nurtured and for marketers, the initial aim is to capture contact details. Landing pages and gated forms for lead generation are standard ClickFunnels functionality.
In the buyer journey, we constantly need to market to prospects and drive them to the next action. In ClickFunnels it’s possible to build a series of landing pages and drive traffic back to them using email or even SMS marketing. Email marketing is in the ClickFunnels Etison Suite.
The final step in the B2B buyer journey is to buy. ClickFunnels comes with online checkout functionality or you could end your funnel with the opportunity to book a sales meeting. Alternatively, lead scoring means that your sales teams can more proactively reach out to hot sales prospects.
ClickFunnels Review Conclusion
Is ClickFunnels a Great Buy or Goodbye?
ClickFunnels Is a fantastic tool for building sales focused funnels. You can quickly build funnels from scratch or use one of the many pre-built funnels that guide you in exactly what you need to do. You can fine-tune ClickFunnels as much as you want or you can use the tried and tested default templates.
ClickFunnels is perfect for the entrepreneur or small business marketer who needs a quick solution to build fantastic landing pages and digital experiences. The lack of a support SLA and access management doesn’t make this suitable for the enterprise but for everyone else, this is a Great Buy.