Find the right digital marketing tools for your B2B marketing & business
It’s impossible to be successful in digital marketing without investing in the right digital marketing tools. Digitally is committed to helping you find the best B2B marketing tools for your awareness and demand generation campaigns. The best tool is rarely the most expensive one, or the one with the most features. Find the right tool for your needs.
Latest digital marketing tool reviews
[pt_view id=”3cf5b36blx” Tag=”Tools”]
What should be in the digital marketing toolbox for B2B businesses?
Marketing, sales, and support are now digital. There is no getting away from it. For businesses, it’s much cheaper to invest in marketing tools that will increase efficiency and quality rather than find new headcount to do a similar job. There are many tools that should be part of your B2B marketing technology (martech) stack. Your marketing team needs to know what’s working and what isn’t, sales need to find new ways of building relationships and customers expect to be supported through digital channels. B2B marketing tools that help businesses prosper in digital with better analytics, better sales enablement, and better customer support are all part of the digital marketing toolbox.
How can digital marketing tools help my B2B marketing?
Common trends across marketing and sales are the need to do more with less, the need to personalize the customer experience, the need to support our customers better, the need to be accessible and available across multiple platforms, and the growing pressure to generate high quality leads for our sales teams.
Pressures on marketing are increasing, we need to find ways of being more productive and increasing marketing ROI. Our customers are encountering our business across dozens of channels and platforms. Despite the increase in demand, marketing teams aren’t growing, so we need to do more with the resources we have. Having the right marketing toolkit is the only way any business can hope to survive. The benefits of having the right B2B digital marketing tools include:
- Consistency – marketing tools help maintain consistency across multiple channels. For example, using a tool to manage social media helps broadcast messages consistently across all channels.
- Quality – marketing tools increase the quality of output, as long as they are used properly. For example, email marketing tools will often allow you to check how your emails appear and how likely it is to get through spam filters.
- Productivity – marketing tools increase productivity because they help us streamline our work. For example, landing page tools support branded templates avoiding the need to re-create entire pages every time.
- Customer experience – marketing tools improve the experience of prospects and customers. For example, by using the right tools we can personalize the experience our prospects and customers have on our websites ensuring it fits their needs better.
- ROI – marketing tools increase the returns on market activity because they allow us to automate many repetitive tasks. For example, a marketing automation tool can automatically nurture prospects across the sales journey, avoiding the need to set time aside to send emails individually.
Does my business need B2B digital marketing tools?
Marketing is now digital. It’s impossible to succeed in digital without the right marketing tools to support digital marketing initiatives digital marketing, by its very nature, requires digital marketing tools. Technology has become so pervasive in marketing that we often don’t even consider the value it brings to our work. The social media tool you use, your CRM, your email tool and much more are all part of your marketing technology (martech) toolbox. Marketing tools help businesses develop strategy, execute on a vision and measure success.
What are the barriers to adopting the right digital marketing tools?
Digital marketing tools for B2B marketers have plenty of benefits but there are barriers to making the most of them. Here are some challenges businesses face when building a marketing toolkit.
- Awareness – there is a lack of awareness of the many tools available. There are potentially hundreds of tools to fit every need.
- Cost – Rarely are the best marketing tools free and they require a budget. The assumption is often that marketing tools are expensive and that the most expensive tools are the best, neither of which are true.
- Integration – Marketing tools need to be integrated to yield the most benefit. For example, integrating your website with your web analytics tool. This integration becomes daunting for many businesses.
- Skills – while it’s true marketing tools need a level of expertise many are designed with the novice user in mind and even for the more complex tools there is often an onboarding journey.
- Wrong tools – by far the most common issue marketing tools is that marketing teams invest in the wrong tools and then fail to use them. There are many tools that perform similar jobs, but businesses need to find the right fit for them and that is often not to purchase the most expensive one available.
With these challenges and many others, it’s fair to say businesses need help choosing the right marketing tools.
The importance of marketing technology for B2B businesses
B2B businesses often deal with complex sales that take months, if not years. Purchases are made by teams of experts who are comparing every aspect of your offer to that of your competitors. The B2B buyer journey is also changing rapidly. Buyers are doing their own research and contacting vendors much later. Buyers are fully leveraging B2B technology to gain a winning hand. Among the many other benefits, marketing technology (MarTech) helps B2B businesses support the complex customer journey. B2B marketing tools can help you engage with prospects earlier, offer more value and build closer relationships with decision makers.
How would a small business use digital marketing tools for marketing?
Have the right digital marketing tools may sound like something that doesn’t matter to the small B2B business trying to grind out leads, but in fact, it’s more important to the small business than any other. Small businesses can enjoy the most significant benefits of having the right marketing tools. Imagine for example having a tool that manages your sales funnel in the background so you can focus on closing leads. Such tools exist and they are more beneficial to the SME with small or no marketing team than it is to a large corporate.For the small business marketing tools are often about saving time and becoming more effective. Many small businesses don’t have a marketing team, it may instead be the founder responsible for marketing besides many other duties. So it’s crucial that a small business is able to optimize productivity and use B2B digital marketing tools to support growth. Example use cases for small business include:
- Social media automation. Making it easier to post content across multiple channels.
- Content discovery tools. Save time by leveraging content that is already generating engagement.
- Landing page creators. Point people at relevant pages, created using easy-to-use page creators.
- Sales funnels. Take prospects on a journey from landing page through to sales engagement, with no manual intervention.
How would a large enterprise use digital marketing tools?
Large enterprises also need to be effective with their time, however, there is often someone with specific responsibility for delivering certain tasks. Unlike the small business, someone managing social media wouldn’t also set up emails. In large businesses, the challenge is responding with agility and providing a personalized experience for prospects and customers. Small businesses enjoy being close to the customer, large enterprises are often detached and the customer may feel they are dealing with a faceless organization. Example use cases for marketing tools in large businesses include:
- Personalization. Making your website more relevant to individual and visitors.
- Support. Cutting costs and improving the quality of customer support.
- Marketing automation. Improving the lead pipeline through lead scoring and nurture.
- How can I help your business choose the right marketing tool?
Marketing tools are nothing new. However, it’s amazing the number of organizations that invest in the wrong tool. The tool they buy is often great, it can do the job. The problem is it’s the wrong fit for the organization. Investing the right marketing technology can transform your marketing, investing in the wrong ones can drain both money and time.